Friday, July 25, 2008

I’m back!... and in one piece.




So I went on a company white water rafting trip on July 10-13th. On the American River. Here is my sweet little home away from home.


The second day Val and I decided to float the river because it was so smooth the first day. We quickly learned that tubing was much rougher than in a 16ft inflatable raft, with a guide.











Saturday we discovered what rafting was all about on a "Class 3" rapid. (And yes there are 5 of us on this raft.)




Here is one more image for you. This rapid is called "Trouble Maker" it is a class 4 rapid and everyone in the boat was wondering how we got down so smooth... Well I knew how!

The fallowing weekend the guide took me to the Kern River which contained stage 3 and 4 Class rapids. That is where the fun began.






4 comments:

Andy, Beth and Jennah, too! said...

why are you the only one using your oar for it's purpose? Hmmm... I think rafting is fun... the one I was on was a 4, called the "Mother-in-Law." But from the looks of it... I think I need to get stronger before I go again. You need to go camping in Washington. Take me with you!!!

Shannyn said...

Awesome.

I'm glad you lived to tell the tale!

Gary Adams said...

You're a mad man... Are there any kind of restraints that you have to wear on the rafts?

Kristian Nordin said...

Wow, I am so proud of you for not falling out. My rafting experiences are limited to the water ride at Magic Mountain. Trav you are so adventurous.